webgisdr SHARED_LOCATION for single node ubuntu ArcGIS Enterprise install

Jump to solution
11-23-2020 12:49 PM
MattSlack1
New Contributor

I am trying to run webgisdr in export mode on an Ubuntu install of ArcGIS Enterprise, single node, no HA. 

How do I set the property SHARED_LOCATION to use a local path? The documentation says that it can be a local path, but if I pass in a path such as /tmp/backup with full read/write permissions it says "Cannot write to directory '/tmp/backup/WebGISSite...'. Please check that the location is valid and that the ArcGIS Data Store account has permissions to the location."

All the examples on line and in this forum are for Windows machines.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattSlack
New Contributor

I managed to get it working running as the arcgis user. It doesn't run as root. I'm sure I tried it before but maybe the other permissions weren't in place at the time.

Thanks for your help!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Since your deployment is a single node, (Portal, Server, and Data Store on the same machine) and not distributed, you should be able to use a local path for the SHARED_LOCATION. Did you use different users to install each component, or the same user?

0 Kudos
MattSlack1
New Contributor

It is the same user. I used the ArcGIS Enterprise Cloud Builder for AWS, if that makes any difference, so the components were installed automatically.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MattSlack1
New Contributor

I've done some more investigation this morning, Both the default user accounts that are created arcgis and tomcat_arcgis have access to write to the directory.

In the tomcat logs, prior to the failure, there are 8 occurrences of this error:

SEVERE [***] com.esri.commons.web.rest.providers.BaseProvider.getValue Token Required

Thanks

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you upload a screenshot of the console when the tool runs? You can scrub the hostnames if necessary.

The error doesn't imply there's an issue with tokens, but rather file permissions. What user are you running the DR tool with?

0 Kudos
MattSlack
New Contributor

I managed to get it working running as the arcgis user. It doesn't run as root. I'm sure I tried it before but maybe the other permissions weren't in place at the time.

Thanks for your help!