Configuring AWS S3 Bucket for use with webgisdr

Jump to solution
04-21-2021 08:51 PM
DeanHowell1
Occasional Contributor III

I am trying to create a new backup using webgisdr and running into some issues with the S3 bucket being validated by webgisdr.

I created an S3 bucket and just let everything default and then referenced the name of the S3 Bucket in the batch file that has been set-up to run the webgisdr but when I run it, I get the following error reported in the log.

==================================================
Starting the WebGIS DR utility.
==================================================

Failed to validate to the Amazon S3 bucket beta-spatial-webgisdr-backup. Please check the Web GIS DR log for more information.

Exiting the WebGIS DR utility.
Thu 04/22/2021 3:41:11.68 -- Finished -------------------------------------------------

What is webgisdr needing for the S3 bucket to be validated correctly?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

@DeanHowell1  here is where I got that information Create an ArcGIS Enterprise backup—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise.  I believe you are right, that copying the IAM Role should work

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

When filling out the WebGISDr properties file, did you also set the AccessKey, SecretKey, Credential_Type, etc?  Or only set the name of the bucket?

DeanHowell1

Thanks @ReeseFacendini no didn't set any credentials. Where do you get that info from?

0 Kudos
DeanHowell1

Hello again @ReeseFacendini , the properties file is directly referencing an IAM role as the credentials.  I am guessing if I can find out the role used in the other profile and set that IAM role up it should work 🙂

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

@DeanHowell1  here is where I got that information Create an ArcGIS Enterprise backup—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise.  I believe you are right, that copying the IAM Role should work

JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Is beta-spatial-webgisdr-backup the backup bucket for the content, or for the backup itself? Is it in a separate region? If so, can you delete the VPC endpoint, which prohibits cross-region copying?

DeanHowell1

Thanks @JonathanQuinn the name is the S3 bucket name and it is in the same region. 

0 Kudos