Webgisdrutil fails to restore Arcgis Portal 10.6.1 database

04-26-2021 11:43 AM
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have made several attempts to restore arcgis enterprise 10.6.1 on our new environment using webgisdrutil tool. The tool successfully restored hosted server/datastore, Image server and 2 publishing arcgis server. It also appears that it has restored the items in the content folder of arcgis portal. But fails on portal postgresql database restoration.  Error generated by wegisdrutil below:

{"error":{"code":500,"details":null,"message":"Failed to import site. Failed to

update the federated servers. Failed to update the database."}}.

The event viewer log below:

postgres: could not find the database system

Expected to find it in the directory "D:/arcgisportal/db",

but could not open file "D:/arcgisportal/db/global/pg_control": No such file or directory

Is there any way I can resolve this issue by using backup/restore feature of postgresql database?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ChristopherPawlyszyn
Esri Contributor

Did you compare your original installation directory/location to the new deployment? If the arcgisportal/db directory changed, then that may be a reason the restore fails on the database portion.

Check out this doc for the required settings for duplicate deployments:

Disaster recovery and replication | ArcGIS Enterprise

-- Chris Pawlyszyn
0 Kudos
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @sapnas just make sure that you have installed the content directory to D:\arcgisportal like @ChristopherPawlyszyn  mentioned, also make sure your DNS names are the same as per your old environment a third thing you can check is that you are using the same service account -usually something like ArcGIS- .

I think what happened is that when you installed the new environment you might have used the defaults which installs the ArcGIS portal DB to c:\arcgisportal.

Hope It Helps 

0 Kudos
sapnas
by
Occasional Contributor III

Esri Tech support were able to resolve the issue. Apparently the url used during federation is case sensitive.

0 Kudos