Select to view content in your preferred language

Upgrade large HA installation from 10.9.1 to 11.1

11-14-2023 05:59 AM
mody_buchbinder
Occasional Contributor III

Hi all

We have a large HA installation of Enterprise 10.9.1.

Total of 8 servers: 2 Portal, 2 servers, 2 datastore and 2 image servers.

The system directories are on network drive and all the machines works together.

Most data (maybe all) is in external Enterprise geodatabase and published by reference.

We would like to upgrade to 11.1 with minimum down time.

We are thinking about build a temporary installation of 10.9.1, move all data and let people work on it while we upgrade the original machines.

They will be able to add features to exists layers (because they are by reference) but will not be able to create new items, so the system is limited but not down.

We would like to know if there is a good (and safe) way to do it and how it done in details.

Thanks

0 Kudos
11 Replies
ArchitSrivastava
Occasional Contributor II

Hello @mody_buchbinder@Scott_Tansley ,

I think there is some confusion occurring here. The two BUGs we have mixed up here are individual scenarios.

The BUG which @Scott_Tansley is a separate scenario and should be taken into consideration and Scott has mentioned all the available resources to keep track of it. This BUG would impact irrespective of the point weather it's HA or not.

The BUG (BUG-000160756) which I mentioned is separate and associated to upgrading an HA environment  and the error in bug description is while upgrading the standby portal ("Index Service configuration failed."). As of now, I have not been able to find a workaround for this. 

Hope I was able to clear out the confusion here.

Hope it helps!

0 Kudos
JustinMallinckrodt
Esri Contributor

Hello - BUG-000160756 has been resolved in 11.2