Restore using webgisdr utility

05-20-2022 04:32 AM
YuriiPaneiko
New Contributor

Hi! I’m trying to restore arcgis enterpise server, data store and portal on different server using backup taken from another server. New server uses the same configuration and credentials as it is on current running server.

For some reason restore fails on portal restoring (server and data store components were restored successfully). The error I’m getting is the following:

{"error":{"code":500,"details":null,"message":"Failed to import site. Failed to update the federated servers. Failed to update the database.."}}

I checked the pg logs and found that the utility trying to connect to PG database using "arcgis". I connected to this database and I saw that this used doesn’t exist, so I created it manually.

After running restore it failed again with the same error message, but now there was this error in postgres logs:

no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "arcgis", database "arcgis", SSL off.

I tried to put required config in pg_hba.conf file, also I tried to use allowconnection.bat script to allow connection for this user but it still fails. 

Any ideas how to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Unless instructed by Support, there's no need to modify internal configuration files, including the pg_hba.conf file. The messages you see regarding the "no pg_hba.conf file" are due to a check that's occurring without passing in certain properties.

What version are you using? Can you check the casing of the services URL you used in federation between your source and target deployment? My assumption is that the casing is different, leading to the error.

0 Kudos
YuriiPaneiko
New Contributor

When you are talking about casing, you mean the upper/lowercase? If so, they are all lowercase.

Also can it be the reason due to little specific restore process? I saw in documentation that they say if I wanna use different domain name I can temporarily change DNS records or modify hosts file. But I find that there is a a webgis-config.json file that contains IP addresses and DNS names, so I just changed them to addresses and domains that I have on server I want to restore ( from old.example.com to new.example.com)
Or that way won’t work?

0 Kudos
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

No, that won't work. Create the target environment using the correct/intended URLs and then restore your backup. If you need to update the URLs, you can do so after the restore is complete.

0 Kudos
YuriiPaneiko
New Contributor

If I will use /etc/hosts/ approach, where I should run restore processes? I modified etc/hosts file to point domain of current arcgis domain to IP address of machine where I want to restore arcgis, but it throws me error that domain in incoming backup file and domain of my new deployment is different, even if I will specify domain of old deployment in properties file 

Or it should be vice versa, I should point domain to different IP on machine where my current arcgis deployment is running?

0 Kudos