web map added to ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint web part won't save

Jump to solution
08-20-2020 01:53 PM
BobSteiss
New Contributor III

I have added a web map from my ArcGIS Online organization account to an ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint web part.  I am in edit mode and save the edit but when I refresh the page the web map I added is gone.  I don't get any error messages saying the edit didn't save.  The web part acts like it is read only.  Might there be a configuration or permission setting that I am missing that needs to be turned on allowing me to make the edit and have it save?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bob,

> web map added to ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint web part won't save ... I am in edit mode and save the edit but when I refresh the page the web map I added is gone.

Edit mode and run mode—ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS 

Please ensure you're in edit mode, after you're edits are made: click Apply in the web part's properties pane to save your changes and continue working. If you're done working with the map, click OK in the properties pane, and click Page > Save on the SharePoint ribbon.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bob,

> web map added to ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint web part won't save ... I am in edit mode and save the edit but when I refresh the page the web map I added is gone.

Edit mode and run mode—ArcGIS Maps for SharePoint | ArcGIS 

Please ensure you're in edit mode, after you're edits are made: click Apply in the web part's properties pane to save your changes and continue working. If you're done working with the map, click OK in the properties pane, and click Page > Save on the SharePoint ribbon.

Hope this helps,

BobSteiss
New Contributor III

Thanks Derek.  You were right, I was missing the "Apply" in the web part properties.  I was looking for a way to save my changes to the map from within the web part.....similar to where you'd save when editing an ArcGIS online web app.

Just so others are clear that read this thread, the steps I need to take for adding a data layer to the ArcGIS maps for SharePoint...and saving it... are;

1) Start editing the page

2) Start editing the web part....to turn on the ArcGIS Online Map Content properties dialog box

3) Add data to the Map content

4) Click "Apply" in the ArcGIS Online Map Content properties dialog box

5) Click "OK" in the same box

6) Click "Save" in the ribbon of the "Page" tab

7) Lastly, stop editing the page