How do I link county names with a location?

Jump to solution
07-02-2019 09:05 AM
BlakeAlbright
New Contributor

Before I can ask my question I will provide some background.  I am looking to map the number of medical doctors, primary doctors, otolaryngologists, and radiation oncologists for each county across the US.  I split the large database I have into each of those categories.  When I added the layers, several counties in CO and various ones on the east coast did not show up.  I am unsure how they are missing as they are clearly included in the .csv file I used to add the layers.  The missing counties are also in the layer table but not visible on the map.  How can I get the 30ish missing counties to display with the other 3200??

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EileenAllen
New Contributor

I suspect you have a typo for each of those counties; most likely an extra space either before or after the FIPS (or whatever you are using for the key).  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Are you displaying xy events from the csv? 

0 Kudos
BlakeAlbright
New Contributor

No the csv has only the column of number of physicians, the county name (county, St) and the cooresponding FIPS code. 

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

So, are you joining the csv to a feature class with counties?

0 Kudos
EileenAllen
New Contributor

I suspect you have a typo for each of those counties; most likely an extra space either before or after the FIPS (or whatever you are using for the key).  

0 Kudos
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Yep, that is what I was thinking as well.

0 Kudos
BlakeAlbright
New Contributor

Yes, I eventually joined features with counties and the 30 missing counties still fail to show up. Today I mapped one of the missing counties (mineral county, CO) and it displayed in mineral County Nevada when using the name as the location key. I tried to use Fips codes again but I am not sure which item to chose from the drop down when I am importing the layer.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos