CDC Social Vulnerability Index Dashboard

07-05-2018 08:15 AM
Highlighted
Esri Esteemed Contributor

FYI, checkout this great CDC Social Vulnerability Index dashboard, built on Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS by Tanya Bigos, a solution engineer on the Health and Human Services team at Esri. The app leverages CDC data available in the Esri Living Atlas.

CDC Social Vulnerability Index Dashboard

Enjoy,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor III

This is awesome! Is the ArcGIS Online Map available somewhere so I can make it specific to my state extent when you launch the application. 

Great work HHS team! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

All of the Social Vulnerability Index data is available in the Living Atlas. You can set any extent or filter the data in any way that suits your organization. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Contributor

Thanks for reaching out. I've just added an Extent based URL parameter to the existing (Extent) to the existing dashboard if you would like to simply use that. You can also access the web map at https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=3d2e027f670d4d0f904fb6b9d536765d .

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @tanya,

Im not sure where to ask this so I'll place this here.  I have recently started playing with Operations Dashboard and I am still learning the ins and outs but I love how the state selection in this dashboard causes the rest of the states to become solid while keeping the counties visible on only the selected states.  I assume this is done with an extra layer in the web map associated with the dashboard but I can't seem to figure it out.   

Could you point in the right direction to figure out how to create this visual?

Thanks!

-Bryant

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi! @TanyaBigos this is an awesome way to display data. I am helping some professors at my university with a very similar project. They have created different vulnerability indexes and would like to display the data on a dashboard. I've been experimenting with maps, gauges, indicators and, lists. We really like the filter sliding bars on the left side of the dashboard and also the ability to only display the data on certain states by clicking on a button. Can I get any guidance on how to replicate this?

Thank you so much! 

Teresa G.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III