It's the Week After the GIS Managers Summit & UC – Stay Engaged Here

2 weeks ago
StevenAustin
Esri Contributor
9 12 861

It's the week after Esri UC 2024 – AND the GIS Managers Summit! 

Did you make it?  If not, there's still lots of great content and discussions we'll be sharing.

If you were one of the over 450 people at the GIS Manager's Summit this year, those who you saw on stage at the GIS Manager's Summit will be following up over the next few weeks, here in the GIS Managers Group, from their presentations and panels:

• visuals and other content from their slides
  • resources and tools shared 
  • further guidance on their topics
  • AND answers to the questions from your surveys

Keep an eye out here in the group for all the activity over the next few weeks.

There was so much shared throughout the day – to recap, here is the agenda of topics from the day:

Screenshot 2024-07-22 at 8.59.01 AM.png

if there is anything you want to make sure you see, please let us know here.

Thanks

12 Comments
StevenAustin
Esri Contributor

Don't forget - the Path to Geospatial Excellence site is a great place to find resources regularly, many which were referred to at the summit!

Mark_Hébert
New Contributor III

Nice - looking forward to that - I'm most interested to follow up on the Slim Gim modal discussed in the morning - who was the presenter at that time - it's not in my notes!

Thanks

JamesPardue2
Esri Contributor

Hi @Mark_Hébert , it was Paul Giroux paul@maturity.studio

EdwardGause
New Contributor III
Yes, I would like any links to the Slim Gim Model as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Robert "Edward" Gause, GISP | Director of Information Services | HTC | p 843-369-8483 | www.htcinc.net
AmySteiger
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm looking for the geospatial strategy templates

JamesPardue2
Esri Contributor

Hi @AmySteiger If you go into the documents section for this group, you'll see I just posted a blank template and an example o0f a one pager filled out. This post will not let me attach documents that are not images. Let me know if this helps or if you have questions. 

JamesPardue2
Esri Contributor

JamesPardue2_0-1721754574949.png

JamesPardue2
Esri Contributor

Hi @EdwardGause , please reach out to Paul Giroux paul@maturity.studio. for anything related to slimgim. Below is the link to his website. 

Pragmatic Geographic Information Management - Home (slimgim.info)

LizParrish_Geospatial
New Contributor

Hey Esri team,

What a great GIS Managers Summit at UC 2024!  I so greatly appreciated the dedication, time, and effort put into making this a wonderful day of education and networking!

As always, I appreciate all the resources, support, and guidance the Esri team offers for best practices in building and growing an Enterprise Geospatial practice within any organization.

Thanks for making a Sunday of work in San Diego worth missing beach time!

~Liz

EmmanuelOkafor
New Contributor II

Yea!

Nice one, I would also like to get links to Slim Gim's models..

Also "How  to obtain Executive Sponsorship, Panel discussion " (Under Systems & Engagement)

This Forum is👌

gisbradokla
New Contributor

It would really be beneficial if the sessions and resources were included in the UC app just like all the UC sessions were. I thought I saw recording equipment. 
I purchased the proceedings also hoping the GIS Managers Summit would be included in that. 
it is difficult to navigate topics and sessions in this forum. It is also not a complete atchive of the activities. 

AdamCarnow
Esri Regular Contributor

If you're looking for a summary and links to the slides from the GIS Manager's Summit, check out this blog:

https://community.esri.com/t5/gis-manager-s-group/feeding-your-fomo-for-the-12th-esri-gis-manager-s/...

About the Author
He/Him/His