Select to view content in your preferred language

Earn Your GIS Day '23 Badge Today!

08-10-2023 08:29 AM
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Last year, we introduced a new and exclusive GIS Day badge that can be added to your profile and this year... we're doing it again!

Earning this badge is incredibly simple - all you need to do is create a post on the GIS Day '23 forum. Once you do, the badge will be added to your profile. It's not something you can earn every day, so it's truly unique and special!

Just to give you a reminder, your posts on the forum can be about a variety of things. You can share your plans for hosting a GIS Day event, ask for help and thoughts on event ideas, talk about what you've done in the past, share interesting online resources, or simply comment on someone else's post with your thoughts and ideas.

We are excited to see this space become a hub for collaboration and a way to connect with GIS enthusiasts from all around the world.

GIS Day 2023 Digital BadgeGIS Day 2023 Digital Badge

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
Tags (2)
6 Replies
GIS_Fox
Frequent Contributor

I've made my post and I'm eager to read what others in the community will share! It's still a few months out but GIS Day this year will be good. Lots of events and ideas from previous years to go off of and still many more out there.

Cheers!

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
TaiwoOlatunbosun
Occasional Contributor

Looking forward to that day

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Less than two weeks to go! 

Do you have anything fun planned for GIS Day, @TaiwoOlatunbosun

Brianna Ettley
TaiwoOlatunbosun
Occasional Contributor

I plan of gathering teenagers both physically or virtually as a Geography Teacher in highschool here in Nigeria to celebrate GIS Day.We will do some mappings and map interpretation and I will expose them to some applications of GIS in the real world.It is going to be fun for us.We will do some craft work showing awareness of GIS Day.Students love it when they are engaged.

JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

That sounds fantastic, @TaiwoOlatunbosun! If you're able to share any pictures of that after the event, we'd love to see them here in Esri Community. Please feel encouraged to follow up and let us know how things went! 

Jesse Cloutier
TaiwoOlatunbosun
Occasional Contributor

I will definitely do that Sir!

Thanks