Welcome to the GIS Day 2022 Forum Board!

Jump to solution
11-03-2022 05:22 PM
BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Hello!

GIS Day takes place worldwide on Wednesday, November 16th. To celebrate, the Esri Community team invites you to use this Forum to ask questions, share ideas, provide support, and broadcast anything and everything related to GIS Day. We also encourage you to subscribe to this Board to keep up to date with the latest conversations.

Badge Alert

What would GIS Day be without badges!? Members who comment on a post or create a post in this Forum prior and/or on GIS Day, will receive an awesome one-of-a-kind GIS Day 2022 badge. This badge, no doubt, will be the coolest addition to your profile. 

So what are you waiting for?

Let's get to it.

Do you have an exciting event planned? A newbie at planning events? Simply want to ask a question or share GIS resources? This is the place to do so and we’d love to hear it. Comment below or create a post in this Forum today!

Still need to register your GIS Day event? Register it here.

Brianna Ettley
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello and thank you!

I am teaching 2 hands-on workshops for high school and college students and faculty, and giving a keynote at the community college listed below.  I love community colleges and all that they do and we support their use of GIS in community colleges nationwide.  https://www.lccc.wy.edu/news/2022-11-4_gis_day.aspx

--Joseph Kerski

View solution in original post

JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is a video I created to recap the events at the community college!  https://youtu.be/Kffi7POLql4

--Joseph Kerski 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Hello and thank you!

I am teaching 2 hands-on workshops for high school and college students and faculty, and giving a keynote at the community college listed below.  I love community colleges and all that they do and we support their use of GIS in community colleges nationwide.  https://www.lccc.wy.edu/news/2022-11-4_gis_day.aspx

--Joseph Kerski

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

You have such incredible events planned! Please be sure to post any recordings on this Forum - we'd love to tune in 😀

Thanks for sharing, @JosephKerski

Brianna Ettley
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Here is a video I created to recap the events at the community college!  https://youtu.be/Kffi7POLql4

--Joseph Kerski 

Aditya_Allamraju
New Contributor II

Hello Folks,

Happy GIS Day 2022!! 

As a passionate GIS practitioner, I retain a strong love for Esri ‘s mission in building geo-enabled useful products & services to the GEO community, so kicking off my career at this amazing company is a big dream come true.

I'm so excited to share that I'll be joining Esri as a “full-time Product Engineer in AppStudio team” upon completion of my Master's Degree in Geography and GIS, University of Illinois at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in December 2022.

I am incredibly excited and looking forward for the new chapter at Esri, Redlands, California.

Overjoyed to getting started with my career at the world’s leading GIS company in mapping software, spatial analytics, and location intelligence.

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Happy GIS Day to you, @Aditya_Allamraju!

Congrats on your new position here at Esri! The Esri Community team sends you a virtual warm welcome as you start your new adventure here next month. Are you attending any GIS Day events today? 

Brianna Ettley
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor
That is amazing wonderful news! Joseph Kerski
DawnWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Greetings everyone - here is a recap of my GIS Day adventures with elementary school students in my community via a Flickr album, a Twitter Wakelet, and a final Instagram post. What an epic day!

------
Dawn Wright (she/her/hers), Ph.D. & GISP | Esri Chief Scientist
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Dr Wright I wish I could have ben there to see it in person but saluting all the seeds you planted that will no doubt inspire these students to build whole groves and forests of their own!

--Joseph Kerski

BriannaEttley
Esri Community Manager

Incredible! This is awesome, Dr. @DawnWright.

Thanks for sharing! The thank you book from the students is very telling that they are truly learning from the best. What an incredible role model they have 😊 

Brianna Ettley