ArcGIS Product License Name Change (Term License --> Subscription)

08-19-2022 01:39 PM
TrippCorbett
Esri Contributor
3 0 601

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share an update on changes you may see on your next renewal quote. No action is needed from you, and we want to emphasize that these updates are text related only. They do not impact your product/license portfolio, product access, terms and conditions, or renewal dates.

What updates are being made?

Most notably, all instances of the phrase term license in our ArcGIS product names have been replaced with the word subscription. Over time, and with hundreds of products, both terms were used somewhat interchangeably. This change simplifies and standardizes the language used for our duration-specific product licenses on the word subscription. Other small text changes have been made across other ArcGIS product names as well to improve clarity.

Where will I see these updates?

The updates are already live on My Esri, as well as Esri's system for new license quotes and the digital Esri Store. The name changes will also be reflected on your next renewal quote(s) and invoice(s).

How can I be sure this hasn't affected my license(s)?

You do not need to take any action—these changes are only text updates applied to our existing part numbers. Because the part numbers will be remaining constant, you can use them to compare your next renewal quote with your previous one to confirm that there were no other changes. Finally, because this text change does not introduce any technical changes in your ArcGIS products, no updates are required by you as a part of this naming standardization in our administrative systems.

Thank you for your understanding as we work to make our ArcGIS products more streamlined and transparent for you!

Tripp Corbett

Program Manager, Maintenance and Subscriptions

About the Author
I'm the NASA, FCC, and GSA Account Manager at Esri! Follow me on Twitter at @EsriTripp