Zonal Statistics to Table with Overlapping Polygons

07-21-2010 01:30 PM
__
by
New Contributor III
Hi,

In 9.3: I'm trying to get precipitation data from a raster into a table with average values for overlapping drainage basins (ie Tributary 1 and Tributary 2 each have polygons; these are overlapped by the polygon for Main River X, which also includes some area not in any of its tributary polygons).

When I try using the Zonal Statistics to Table tool, it only returns values for the polygons that are not overlapped.

Is there any comparable method that will give me data for every polygon?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ChrisSnyder
Regular Contributor III
This may get you part way there:

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=16700
0 Kudos
JoeEncinas
New Contributor

Do you have a version of Super Region Poly for ArcMap 10.7? Or documentation from the old script?

0 Kudos
__
by
New Contributor III
Thanks for the help (on this thread and others). I've been bouncing between projects and I'm just now getting back to this one. The Super Region Poly tool is helpful in getting my overlapping polygons into unique pieces that are still able to be joined/related back to the originals.

This still leaves me with one issue: is there a way to do a area-weighted average in ArcGIS 9.3? I can now run my zonal statistics table on the non-overlapping polygons, and I can associate the non-overlapping polygons with the overlapping polygons, but I don't know how to adjust the stats to be a true average for the original (overlapping) polygons.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
JoeEncinas
New Contributor

Do you know where I can find the Super Region Poly tool for ArcGIS 10.3.1?

0 Kudos