Workspace Iteration Question

06-01-2012 05:52 AM
JakeShermeyer
New Contributor
I'm attempting to iterate by workspace in modelbuilder.  However I then need to convert each output workspace into a format that would be usable as an input by the composite bands tool.  This includes raster datasets, raster lyrs, among others.  Essentially I need to input a group of rasters organized by folder into the composite bands tool instead of just one at a time.

Help appreciated.  Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor
I'm attempting to iterate by workspace in modelbuilder.  However I then need to convert each output workspace into a format that would be usable as an input by the composite bands tool.  This includes raster datasets, raster lyrs, among others.  Essentially I need to input a group of rasters organized by folder into the composite bands tool instead of just one at a time.

You can use Iterate Datasets within each workspace, and use the Collect Values tool to put them together into a multi-value for the Composite Bands tool.

Since you can only have one iterator in a model, you need to nest models to accomplish this; your Iterate Workspaces in the "outside" model and your Iterate Rasters in the "inside" model.

Hope this helps you!
0 Kudos