Value of area to one cell

Jump to solution
10-01-2014 05:31 AM
JanaZieglerova
New Contributor

Hello,

I have calculated visibility for one observer point and I want to assign the number of visible cells to that cell, which represent observer point. Is it possible?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jana,

This is possible.  Here are the steps to take:

1.  Add a numeric field to the observer point feature class and populate this with the value of number of visible cells

2.  Execute the Point to Raster tool specifying the field created in step 1 for the 'Value' parameter

Note:  before executing the tool, go to Environments > Processing Extent > set this to 'Same as Display'.  I've found without specifying this, the output raster will be empty.

3.  Mosaic the output raster using the Mosaic or Mosaic to New Raster tool and choose the appropriate 'Mosaic Operator'

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JakeSkinner

Hi Jana,

This is possible.  Here are the steps to take:

1.  Add a numeric field to the observer point feature class and populate this with the value of number of visible cells

2.  Execute the Point to Raster tool specifying the field created in step 1 for the 'Value' parameter

Note:  before executing the tool, go to Environments > Processing Extent > set this to 'Same as Display'.  I've found without specifying this, the output raster will be empty.

3.  Mosaic the output raster using the Mosaic or Mosaic to New Raster tool and choose the appropriate 'Mosaic Operator'

0 Kudos
JanaZieglerova
New Contributor

And is there a way to automate this process? Because I will have many observer points.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner

Yes, you can use the Join Field tool to join the viewshed rasters COUNT field to the observer point feature class.  You will want to use the observer point OBJECTID field and the viewshed raster VALUE field to perform the join.