Spatial Join multiple labels

Jump to solution
04-28-2014 03:05 PM
BobMCkay
New Contributor III
Hi,

I have done a spacial join with a land parcel layer as the target. The join is one to many using point features. The output table consequently can have multiple records with the one Target_Fid. For example, if there are three point features within a land parcel, three output records are produced. When I put 'Labels on' for the output I can have multiple values appearing. How can I limit the label for a particular parcel? The label field will always have the same value for each output record for the one parcel.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BobMCkay
New Contributor III
I have a way around it. The reason I needed to do a spatial join was to be able to do a SUM over the point feature values in each parcel.
The stat was done on a table of the joined data. I then rejoined the table to the already joined data with the multiple records for each Target_Fid. What I ended up doing is joining to the original parcel layer and hence only one record per parcel.  Silly me.
Thanks to all viewers!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BobMCkay
New Contributor III
I have a way around it. The reason I needed to do a spatial join was to be able to do a SUM over the point feature values in each parcel.
The stat was done on a table of the joined data. I then rejoined the table to the already joined data with the multiple records for each Target_Fid. What I ended up doing is joining to the original parcel layer and hence only one record per parcel.  Silly me.
Thanks to all viewers!
0 Kudos