Reclassification in Model Builder

04-21-2010 12:37 PM
JeremySury
New Contributor
I'm trying to build a model that will be run every year or so on data that will be regularly updated.  I'm trying to do a proof of concept model that does a Kernel Density on a point file and then reclassifies the density map from 1 - 10 using an equal interval.

Unfortunately the reclassify tool does not seem to generate the classes on the fly each time the model is run.  As a result when the point data changes (to give a higher maximum density) then there is an error or warning to say that the maximum value is out of range.  When I open the Reclassify tool to check the classifications, the classification method has returned to Manual and the classes have changed.

Is there a way to have the Reclassify tool generate the equal interval classes based on the newly calculated input raster that may have a different minimum/maximum value???
0 Kudos
2 Replies
ShitijMehta
Esri Regular Contributor
Try using the slice tool for which you can set the number of output categories and the classification method. So for every new input the data is always sliced into 10 equal intervals.

May be this will help.
0 Kudos
JeremySury
New Contributor
Thanks shitijmehta,

That certainly does the trick and gives me the reclassified raster that I'm looking for.  I just wish I could do it through the Reclassify tool as it would give me alot more flexibility!
0 Kudos