query to select objects in an area bounded

10-16-2014 11:13 AM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

really needing help with this. See the attached image. I have subdivisions represented by polygons, and within those polygons, I have more data representing sewer lines. I need to query certain size lines, within the subdivision polygon and am not sure which geoprocessing tool to use.

For example.....looking at the image.....how would I query 6" sewer lines with the North Hills Subdivisons.  Each set of data, (sewers and subdivisions) are in separate shape files.

Any guidance you folks could give would be greatly appreciate.sewers.JPG

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

same thing...give it a try..try it through arctoolbox, and also through the main menu, they are essentially the same just different visually etc.

MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

I have just been doing a search and found it there. Sometimes I am not sure where to drill down to find a tool!

MKH

0 Kudos
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor

Cory and Dan....I appreciate you guys staying with me on this!  I would be lost without the help of the forum. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

good luck and keep at it

0 Kudos
CoryMacNeil1
Occasional Contributor II

No problem Mike.  That is what the forums are for.  There are a lot of tools available, even people who have been working with the software for a long time don't know all of them.  Sometimes you just have to find time to play around and explore what is available.

Cheers,

Cory

0 Kudos