New geolocator no longer finds existing address. Same data.

278
8
Jump to solution
03-20-2020 11:22 AM
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

I have a dual range address locator using street centerline file that no longer finds an existing address.  I have tried re-creating the locator using shapefiles, geodatabases and arcgis server database, different file locations and nothing.  The locator I created on Feb 12th finds the address, the new locator will not.  I can't even recreate the locator using the exact same data in the exact same location as before and get the same results as the Feb 12th locator.  I'm using ArcMap 10.6.0.8321.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

I figured it out. After combing through the loc.xml files of the feb 12 locator and a new one I discovered that I forgot to remove the parity fields that fill in by default. Ours are not current at the moment so I didn’t use them before. Work has been crazy with all that is going on, so I missed it. Thank you for helping me talk through it.

Thank you,

Michelle S. Markham

Geographic Information Systems

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are you providing a zone like a city, state or zip?  In the older style locators you still need to turn that 'feature' off either in the properties or via the xml.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

Hi Joe,

Yes, everything is specified. City State Zip. I am using the exact same settings, exact same data. I can’t figure it out.

Thank you,

Michelle S. Markham

Geographic Information Systems

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What has changed since Feb 12, that's the question, right?  Have you updated/patched ArcGIS since then?  Does it resolve any addresses?  Does it find an intersection?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

We haven’t updated/patched arcgis. It is still matching addresses. The only reason I noticed it is when a coworker used the older one and I used the new one on the same dataset, that one address fell out on mine. All the others were fine.

Thank you,

Michelle S. Markham

Geographic Information Systems

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'd look at the data you are matching against: it's a street centerlines feature class, right?  What is the edit schedule for it?  When you create a locator it takes a snapshot of the data at the time and does some under-the-hood things to it within the .loc.  I just have to think that some how a street got deleted or a range got changed since the last build date.

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

Nope. I checked that too. And the street is in there with the correct range. There is no reason it should not be finding it. I’m at a loss.

Thank you,

Michelle S. Markham

Geographic Information Systems

0 Kudos
MichelleMarkham
New Contributor II

I figured it out. After combing through the loc.xml files of the feb 12 locator and a new one I discovered that I forgot to remove the parity fields that fill in by default. Ours are not current at the moment so I didn’t use them before. Work has been crazy with all that is going on, so I missed it. Thank you for helping me talk through it.

Thank you,

Michelle S. Markham

Geographic Information Systems

JoeBorgione
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sometimes just having a conversation about it can give you the boost you need.  Glad you were able to figure it out!

That should just about do it....