need help creating ST_Geometry in a mobile geodatabase

01-04-2023 10:42 AM
KeithDesertspring
New Contributor II

I'm trying to generate features using "ST_Geometry" in a mobile geodatabase stored on my hard drive and am totally stuck. Specifically, I want to create parametric wedges based on a point featureclass, where each point has information that define the parameters for a corresponding wedge to be added to a second featureclass. I want to do this using a Python notebook. 

Parametric circles, ellipses, and wedges—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com) (I wasn't able to find the corresponding documentation for ArcGIS Pro)

Can anyone help me understand how to do this in ArcGIS Pro 2.9? Even just a few lines of code would probably be enough! 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TonyContreras_Frisco_TX
Occasional Contributor III

The help page you shared has a link to examples, which are SQL statements for the different database types (Oracle, SQL Server, SQLite). I think you would need like the sqlite3 python library to run the SQL code using the values you get from the data through arcpy.

0 Kudos
KeithDesertspring
New Contributor II

That would make sense, but I'm confused as to whether that's the "right way" to do this. It seems like the document was written more towards someone wanting to operate on geometry from outside of the ESRI ecosystem and I can't find much on how to do the same from a python notebook with the arcpy library. I can easily produce "regular" polygons using arcpy, so I guess what I'm asking is whether I can produce this more sophisticated parameterized geometry that way too, or if I need to go an entirely different route (i.e. interacting with the data through an SQL client). 

I already have a python notebook built around arcpy so I'm hoping I can go that route. 

0 Kudos