Modelbuilder question

Jump to solution
09-12-2016 01:57 AM
tumishopascal
New Contributor

Depiction of the Model before Calculations

I would like to multiple values from one column to another and divide by 100 using calculate value (Model Builder), how do I go about that? Say one column in a shapefile has Area and another one Rating and empty field column for the results. How can I do that

Hi. This is the model I have been doing. It is basically a wetland based model to generate condition of a wetland based on the landcover extent. I basically want to make use of calculator to multiply the field values (say frequency and landcover extent) and be able to divide them by 100 so I can get the results in an unfilled field. Having a challenge making use of calculate value tool from Model builder. Any help will be appreciated and further advice in taking this forward

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

simplified question title and moved its content to the body of the question... it was way too long

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

simplified question title and moved its content to the body of the question... it was way too long

tumishopascal
New Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The Calculate Value tool contains an example, just emulate it, substituting your field names in as appropriate.

0 Kudos
tumishopascal
New Contributor

Hi Dan.

I tried to write the expressions from field names of the the table wetland tool but it gives me error.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Tumisho... you need to copy and report the errors... saying that there is an error, won't help in solving the problem.  Perhaps, you are using VB syntax instead of Python or vice versa

0 Kudos
tumishopascal
New Contributor

The error is giving me is 000539: SyntaxError. Can I forward you the tool and shapefile?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

It would be easier for all if you just recorded your syntax and a screengrab if needed

0 Kudos