Iterate-Raster will not link to ASCII-to-Raster tool in Model Builder

02-16-2012 07:57 AM
DavidMedeiros
Occasional Contributor III
I have a student who needs to run a series of ASCII to Raster conversions before merging into a single raster. In model builder I add the Raster Iterator, then the ASCII to Raster tool, but when I try to add the link all I get for options are "Environments..." and "Precondition". No option to set the Raster Iterator as the input to the tool. Same results with the other iterators as well (Features, Data-set, Files).

Is this an issue with the ASCII tool? Am I missing some other component to make this work? Perhaps the ASCII files need to be in a GDB?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
David
0 Kudos
6 Replies
AnthonyTimpson2
Occasional Contributor
What i see right away is the raster iterator.

have you tried using the Iterate files instead?

it reads files in a folder and can push that file to a tool, such as the ascii to raster tool
0 Kudos
DavidMedeiros
What i see right away is the raster iterator.

have you tried using the Iterate files instead?

it reads files in a folder and can push that file to a tool, such as the ascii to raster tool

Tried all of the iterators, none will link as an input. The "Iterate Files" specifically only has the option to set itself as the precondition to the ASCII tool.
0 Kudos
AnthonyTimpson2
Occasional Contributor
Tried all of the iterators, none will link as an input. The "Iterate Files" specifically only has the option to set itself as the precondition to the ASCII tool.

Strange.. I just tried to make the iterators connect to the ascii 3d tool, no problem, immediately connected as input.

I don't know what would be wrong,

have you updated to the latest SP?
0 Kudos
DavidMedeiros
Strange.. I just tried to make the iterators connect to the ascii 3d tool, no problem, immediately connected as input.

I don't know what would be wrong,

have you updated to the latest SP?

Interesting. What's the ASCII 3d tool? Is that the exact same tool as "ASCII to Raster"? I'll check our SP version when I'm in next (not until Tuesday). Thanks for checking.
0 Kudos
PazDuran
New Contributor
Hi,

the solution to iterate the conversion from ASCII to Raster in model builder is, to select the iterator "File Iterator" and then specify on the Extension option "asc". Doing this, when using the conector to the tool conversion you should get "Input ascii file". It worked for me.

Cheers,

Paz
FlavioFelix
New Contributor III

Very good, it worked very well.

Gracias!