Intersect Error: Invalid Topology and The table was not found

Jump to solution
01-04-2014 10:15 AM
YichiLiu1
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I am having problems with Intersect.

I would like to intersect two polygon feature classes. One of them is a buffer created from line feature class (e.g. stream) and the other one is vegertation cover. However, it always throws me this error.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30252[/ATTACH]

I've tried repair geometry and it did fix the problem. And if the buffer polygon was created from polygon feature (e.g. pond), the Intersect worked fine.

How can I solve this problem?

Thank you very much!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YichiLiu1
New Contributor III
OK, I found the solution myself. Just in case anyone wanted to know as well, this is what I did. I exported the feature classes, but disabled M values and Z values. Then I did Repair Geometry and both intersect and clip worked fine after that.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
YichiLiu1
New Contributor III
OK, I found the solution myself. Just in case anyone wanted to know as well, this is what I did. I exported the feature classes, but disabled M values and Z values. Then I did Repair Geometry and both intersect and clip worked fine after that.
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also had the same problem intersecting a polyline feature with a route feature, but investigated a similar solution to yours. However, my "export" of the route feature used this article: How To: Remove Z- and/or M-values from a feature class (esri.com) . Additionally, I did not need to use the Repair Geometry tool.

0 Kudos