How can I see my raster?

Jump to solution
10-07-2020 06:41 PM
CathySmallridge
New Contributor II

I am fairly new to ArcGIS Pro so apologies if this is a very basic question.  I am trying to import a map from an ascii file using the Copy Raster function.  I have carried out the operation on several files, and it seems to show that the new rasters are there in the contents pane on the left.  I can change symbology etc.  but I can't see it on my map?  What do I do next please?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
15 Replies
CathySmallridge
New Contributor II

OK, many thanks Dan.  I'll have a go at that.  Much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

Hi Cathy - just had a go with some Rainfall ASCII files - and, in the Define Projection tool, used GDA 94 as per their website - and that seems to have worked beautifully i,e. GCS_GDA_1994.

Excelsior.
CathySmallridge
New Contributor II

Thanks Mary, I haven't had a chance to get back to it yet, but will have another go.  It is good to know that you have been able to make it work.

0 Kudos
CathySmallridge
New Contributor II

Thanks Mary.  I was trying to use a "Projected Co-ordinate system", but now that you suggested the Geographic Co-ordinate System, all is well.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Mary_Murphy
Esri Contributor

No problem at all!

Excelsior.
0 Kudos
Ishwar_Vatas
New Contributor

Hey Cathy, I'm doing the exact same subject as you and attempted to follow along all the steps, but couldnt get anywhere, Can you please help me if you were able to find how to project the raster over Australia

Thanks

0 Kudos