Help.  I am receiving error 999999 when I try GeoTagged photo to points.  Confused

09-20-2012 05:52 AM
RyanAnderson5
New Contributor
I am receiving 999999 error when I am trying to use the geotagged photos to point.  I link up to a folder containing my geotagged photos, but I keep receiving the error.  What am I doing wrong?

Am I setting up the folder wrong?  Its on the desktop, but it shouldn't matter where the folder is right?  The pictures are in Jpeg format with the exif data.  I should just point and click right?

Any reference to GeoTagging photos to points would be appreciated as well.

Dr. M
0 Kudos
15 Replies
LorindaGilbert
Occasional Contributor II
Hi All,
I'm getting this same error, but only when I attempt to have it process the invalid photos (the ones missing gps coords or invalid elif metadata.  If I don't include a location for these photos, it runs fine.  I'm in Win7, ArcGIS Standard 10.1 SP1.

Any help here?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
NathalieOlivier
New Contributor
I had the same error for a while. I've tried changing a couple of settings in Geotagged Photos to Points tool and it finally worked when I created an "Invalid Photos Table".
A couple of photo's in the folder were not geotagged so I think that was what caused the error.
0 Kudos
PaulHuffman
Occasional Contributor III
I just found out that it's a somewhat know bug in 10.2, caused be the existence of non-geotagged photos in your directory: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/101704-Trouble-with-Geotagged-photos-to-points-tool
0 Kudos
AntonioLop
New Contributor II
I just found out that it's a somewhat know bug in 10.2, caused be the existence of non-geotagged photos in your directory: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/101704-Trouble-with-Geotagged-photos-to-points-tool

Lately I´m using ARCGIS 10.2 with a WIN 7 PC.

Yesterday update to ARCGIS 10.2.1, i play Geotagged-photos-to-points-tool and i recive the error 999999.

Usually i´m working with WIN7...but today  I probe a PC with XP and ARCGIS 10.2.1 installed.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡THE GEOTAGGED PHOTOS TO POINTS TOOL¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ WORK FINE..........exporting it to shapefile or GEodatabase.......GREATTTTT

I belive that the problem is when we run arcgis 10.2.1 under WIN 7......I BELIVE is a non find BUG.......TIME To TIME
0 Kudos
AntonioLop
New Contributor II
Lately I´m using ARCGIS 10.2 with a WIN 7 PC.

Yesterday update to ARCGIS 10.2.1, i play Geotagged-photos-to-points-tool and i recive the error 999999.

Usually i´m working with WIN7...but today I probe a PC with XP and ARCGIS 10.2.1 installed.

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡THE GEOTAGGED PHOTOS TO POINTS TOOL¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ WORK FINE..........exporting it to shapefile or GEodatabase.......GREATTTTT

I belive that the problem is when we run arcgis 10.2.1 under WIN 7......I BELIVE is a non find BUG.......TIME To TIME
0 Kudos
AntonioLop
New Contributor II
GOOD MORNING.

Today I prove geotagged photos to point in my pc WIN 7 ARCGIS 10.2.1.....

When i export photos in shapefile the result is OK......but if i export to one geodatabase i create.....NOT WORK....ERRORR 99999

BUT IF I EXPORT TO DEAFUL GEODATABASE CREATE BY ARGIS PROGRAM........IT WORK FINE......

I DON´T UNDERSTAND...........
0 Kudos