Girl needs your help! Place new points

12-16-2011 01:33 AM
AmyMac
by
New Contributor
Hi, I have a problem and my boss is really angry(:mad:
I created a raster showing which parts of the city (circles of 250meters) are good or bad.
Now I have to allocate points (certain number) according to this raster, but have to choose only the best places, or places near them.
In addition, there are already excisting points, and I have to consider them as well (if my new point is to close to present one - put it there).
I tried "Spatially balanced points" but it put points anywhere it wanted(((

Help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! :confused:
Could it be that i need to put together 2 tools? I don't know how to do that((
0 Kudos
2 Replies
PeterStratton
New Contributor
Do you have the spatial analyst extension?  If so, I'd recommend running through the tutorial, chances are you'll be able to adapt it to what you're trying to do:

http://help.arcgis.com/en/arcgisdesktop/10.0/help/index.html#/About_the_ArcGIS_Spatial_Analyst_Tutor...
0 Kudos
AnthonyTimpson2
Occasional Contributor
Hi, I have a problem and my boss is really angry(:mad:
I created a raster showing which parts of the city (circles of 250meters) are good or bad.
Now I have to allocate points (certain number) according to this raster, but have to choose only the best places, or places near them.
In addition, there are already excisting points, and I have to consider them as well (if my new point is to close to present one - put it there).
I tried "Spatially balanced points" but it put points anywhere it wanted(((

Help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!! :confused:
Could it be that i need to put together 2 tools? I don't know how to do that((

Just because you are a girl doesn't mean we can help..

Especially when your question is written like a teenager who hasn't ever found a need to grasp English.

How about you try to reformulate this in a more meaningful way? To be Completely honest you make about as much sense as a Space heater in a Fridge.
0 Kudos