Geoprocessing Results Window Issue

10-28-2011 01:07 PM
GeoffKlise
New Contributor III
I created a simple model in modelbuilder that buffers a polygon feature. I wanted to see if the results would show up in the results window. According to the help file, if anything is marked as a Parameter, then it will show up, even if it's running the tool within a model.  I did that, but nothing shows up in the results dialogue.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Only when you run a tool/model/script using its dialog or in the Python window, the information about the execution is written as a result in the Results window, even if the tool/model/script doesn't have any parameters. It is not the case when you run a model within ModelBuilder (with or without model parameters); you will not get an entry in the Results window.

What is the title of the help document you saw that information? If the help describes differently, we can have a look and better clarify.
0 Kudos
GeoffKlise
New Contributor III
Ok, I understand now. I typically run my models within model builder edit mode and didn't read carefully enough.  The parameters need to be defined when I run it using the dialog and then it allows it to be shard. Tried it and it worked.
0 Kudos
DanLee
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
That's great to hear. Have fun geoprocessing!  🙂
0 Kudos