Frequency Count for multiple unique fields values by month. How to include "0" count or NULL for months with no records?

06-08-2023 12:05 PM
cds048
by
New Contributor

Hello all. Bit of a pickle, hoping there is an easy answer I am just unaware of. 

I wish to produce a frequency table that includes a zero (or NULL) value for a lack of record for the combination of unique field values.

I have point data for which I'm trying to count the frequency per month/year and US county. I have produced a frequency table with this data in ArcGIS - but it is formatted in a way that is not very useful to me. If there are no point data for April 2012, for example, that month will be missing in the frequency table. This means that each county has a different number of entries in the frequency table. I wish that all months from every year for every county be included in the table whether or not there is a record for that timeframe, lack of entries for a month being represented by a 0 (or NULL) value.

I have tried toying around with the frequency, summary statistics, and calculate field tools with no luck. I have also tried importing my table into GEE but, frankly, my coding skills (including any python) are pretty lackluster at the moment.

Any help would be much appreciated,

CDS 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
cds048
by
New Contributor

If anyone else comes across this problem, I was easily able to work it out in QGIS using the GroupStats plugin.

Cheers,

0 Kudos