Finding all traffic accidents X-distance away from different types of hospitals

05-12-2023 10:33 AM
SumonMojumder
New Contributor II

Hi,  I have two point datasets: traffic accidents and hospitals.  Hospitals are different types such as Level  I, Level II, Level III, Level IV, and Level V. Total hospitals are 125, and traffic accidents are 3300. 

First Problem: I want to find out the percentage of traffic accidents that will fall within an X-mile distance from each level of the hospital.

For example, 10% of total traffic accidents will be within 50 miles of distance from Level I hospitals. 

Another 20 % of total traffic accidents will be within 50 miles of distance from Level II hospitals. 

.Second Problem:  some traffic accidents fall within 50 miles distance of Level I hospitals, and these same traffic accidents may also fall within 50 miles distance of Level II hospitals.

Can I also see which traffic accidents falls  within 50 miles distance of both/multiple hospitals? 

Is it possible to see the traffic accidents that will be covered only by one type of hospital? For example, traffic accidents that fall within 50 miles distance of Level I hospitals, will not be counted for LEvel II hospitals. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

That's a lot of hospitals.  Is this a homework question?

0 Kudos
SumonMojumder
New Contributor II

@DavidPike  No. It's not a homework question.  Thank you for your reply. Do you know how to solve that? 

0 Kudos