Extent of the compatibility between the health services distribution map and the geographical distribution of population

01-17-2017 12:29 PM
SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

I need the way to know what is the extent of the compatibility for example  between the health services distribution map and the geographical distribution of population? I have also a hospitals data of one area. Which methods I need to use for this. Does it need some data about population?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

there is a whole load of information you could use... but I suspect that the spatial analyst isn't what you need in general.  If you have any vector data showing population statistics and uyour health service locations, you would be able to start.  What do you have?  Have you looked at government census data? Are you confining your analysis to to primary sites like hospitals, or are you extending this analysis to clinics etc.  Perhaps a better listing of what you have will elicit some more suggestions.  In the interim, I will move this thread to https://community.esri.com/community/gis/analysis/geoprocessing?sr=search&searchId=e0438fa1-8002-4be...‌ since ultimately I think will have questions on how to do the analysis.

SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

First of all I want to thank you. I already have a point shapefile of hospitals and I will try to find information about population and create another point or polygon shapefile of that. Anyway, when I find these information and which method you suggest to use for this analyse and if you can write it step by step that would be great.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Well I can't do that, because I don't do analysis often in the health field.  Perhaps you could articulate your end goals, and perhaps some readings you have done in this field, so that people could help provide some guidance in the gis realm

0 Kudos
SlobodanKomatina1
New Contributor II

I can`t find enough data for this and I just need idea which tools could be used, but never mind I will find some way to solve this. Thank you again.

0 Kudos