Error 99999: Ffailed to execute (contour) on SDE but not on FGDB

Jump to solution
05-15-2012 07:49 AM
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

I have a DEM Raster layer which I want to transfer to a contourlayer.
I tried the contour function from 3d analyst and spatial analyst as wess (guess they are still the same).
The Rasterdata lies in my SDE Database (and it shall stay there). I want to store the contour feature class also in this SDE. I am connected to the SDE through a SDE-service with sysadmin right on the database. Storeing data etc. else is no problem through this connection.

When saving the featureclass in a filegeodatabase it works fine. With the same parameters it fails after 5 seconds when chosing the SDE. It even does not start proceding (no percentage is shown), so I think its not a poblem of filesize. My raster also isnt that big. I also tried a contourintercall of 100 and 1000 instead of 1 (which works on FGDB) but no difference, just the nothing-saying-esri-standard-error. Oh and the feature class is stored in the sde-database but its empty.

PS: Why does ArcGIs not delete this featureclass? I would expect from a professional program to roll-back such failures.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
hey

yes I could but this isnt a workaround I think.
Its crazy but its working today.
Yesterday I also tried to clip my raster but this doenst worked at all, neither on FGDB nor on SDE.
Today everything is fine....

When all my problems would solve itself this way (I always make logoffs and whole restarts with no effect, very mysteriousley).

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MathewCoyle
Frequent Contributor
Can you not just save it as a feature class and upload to SDE after processing?
0 Kudos
SebastianKrings
Occasional Contributor
hey

yes I could but this isnt a workaround I think.
Its crazy but its working today.
Yesterday I also tried to clip my raster but this doenst worked at all, neither on FGDB nor on SDE.
Today everything is fine....

When all my problems would solve itself this way (I always make logoffs and whole restarts with no effect, very mysteriousley).

Thanks
0 Kudos