Does anyone have a model built that will convert a PolylineM to point with M-values in the point feature class? I need this to convert M-values to point.

Jump to solution
03-20-2015 07:21 AM
MikeSullivan
New Contributor III

I'm looking for anyone that knows how to convert a polylineM to a point containing the M-values from each vertex in the polylineM layer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Mike-

just run the

Toolboxes\System Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\Features\Add Geometry Attributes

tool and it will extract the xyzm values from a line and add them as attributes to that line feature.

David

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KatharinaDubach
Occasional Contributor III

Have you tried ETGeowizard? It does all sorts of conversions, also Polyline to point (vertices), and it can probably also put the M-values into an attribute.

Hope this helps,

Kathi

0 Kudos
MikeSullivan
New Contributor III

Yes, I've used that before, but what I would like to do is incorporate that conversion into model builder and use it in conjunction with other routines.  I'm not sure if I could call that geoprocess from ETGeoWizards in a model.  I just downloaded ETGeowizards now and am going to see, but I doubt it since I wouldn't have access to the geoprocessing code used from it.

Thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Mike-

just run the

Toolboxes\System Toolboxes\Data Management Tools.tbx\Features\Add Geometry Attributes

tool and it will extract the xyzm values from a line and add them as attributes to that line feature.

David

0 Kudos
MikeSullivan
New Contributor III

Okay, that will work, but let me explain what I'm trying to do with those values.  After I get them pulled out, I want to label each vertex with it's corresponding M-Value, as a stationing value along that line.  Having the attributes on the line segment, will that allow me to do that?

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Sure why not? As long as the tool can add the fields to your lines (i.e. run as data owner if in sde) then you can lable like normal, right?

0 Kudos
MikeSullivan
New Contributor III

Thanks, David!  That did the trick.  I'm good to go now.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Awesome, will you mark my answer as correct such that other users will know?

0 Kudos