Create points on street lines between two intersecting streets using ArcGIS 10.4

06-21-2019 11:29 AM
SlobodanKomatina2
New Contributor II

I have a table which contain fields "Street", "From", "To" and "Number of potholes".

• "Street " showing the street line where the potholes are.
  • "From" and "To" are street names which define part of street where the potholes are.
  • "Number of potholes" is number of points which I want to place on defined part of line (between "From" and "To").

I want to do this using ArcGIS 10.4 . I have idea to download street lines from OpenStreetMap and to geocode each street and select street lines by location. I am not sure about steps after these.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

It appears you don't have the exact location of the potholes, just a number of them and a street name.

You could use http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.4/tools/data-management-toolbox/generate-points-along-lines.h... to generate a number of points on a selected  line. You could wrap this up in a model iterating over features and generating points along each line.

0 Kudos
SlobodanKomatina2
New Contributor II

Yes,  this could be the final step,  but If you read carefully my descdescrip the main problem is that I have a parts of streets defined by intersecting streets,  and each part have information about number of potholes. 

0 Kudos
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

I think you need to edit your original question and add some images showing you data, the attribution and an example of the geometries and what you want to achieve as it is unclear exactly what your data is.