Combine point, polygon, and line layers into one feature layer

Jump to solution
12-22-2020 03:05 PM
RichOchs
New Contributor III

I have three different feature layers that I would like to all have in a single feature layer (not sure if I'm using the terminology correct) to make adding to web maps and things easier. The layers are:

• Utility poles (points)
  • Power lines (lines)
  • Service areas (polygons)

I know the three can't exist in the same layer, but I have downloaded Esri solutions that include feature layers made up of several different layers that are points, lines, and polygons. I also know in AGOL I can create a new feature layer from scratch that actually includes all three types of geometries, and when created, it is a feature layer made up of three different layers. I work mainly in AGOL, but I also have ArcGIS Pro. I've tried searching for this solution, but I have a feeling I'm using incorrect terminology because I can't find the answer. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe what you are looking for is a group layer?

ArcGIS Pro Help - Work with group layers

View solution in original post

3 Replies
curtvprice
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe what you are looking for is a group layer?

ArcGIS Pro Help - Work with group layers

Luke_Pinner
MVP Regular Contributor

You can create (and publish to AGOL) a group layer.  Group layers can contain multiple layers of the same type or different types.

Terminology note - "feature layer" generally means an object that links to the actual data and can contain symbology, definition queries, attribute joins to other data among other things. A "feature class" is the data itself.

RichOchs
New Contributor III

Group Layer is what I was looking for that I couldn't find the terminology for. Looks like in Map Viewer Beta we're able to group in AGOL instead of using ArcPro. Thanks for the guidance!