ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop and Server

Jump to solution
12-16-2014 08:51 AM
KrisFoster
New Contributor III

Does anyone else have issues with having both of these installed on the same server.  I had ArcGIS 10.2.1. for Desktop installed and had been running many python scripts for some geoprocessing.  All geoprocessors were working without issues until I installed ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Server.  Now all of the geoprocessors that were running prior no longer work.  Is there something I need to modify in the python scripts to allow them to function on a server with both of these installed?

For example I have a python script that drops fields from many feature classes (arcpy.DeleteField_management).  When I run it from my server with both installed it fails with the following.

"Failed to execute.  Parameters are not valid.

ERROR 000732: Input Table: "TableName" does not exist or is not supported."

If I copy the python script and sde data connection file to another server with only ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop installed it works without issue.  I also have another python script that uses the following:

fcList = arcpy.ListFeatureClasses()

for fc in fcList:

It throws the error:

TypeError: 'Nonetype' object is not iterable.

Again though I can copy the sde connection file and python to another server with only ArcGIS 10.2.1 for Desktop installed and everything works properly.  I have also replicated the python failures on another server that has both installed.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kris,

You may want to look at this blog:

Why do Python scripts fail on a machine with both ArcGIS for Server and Desktop installed?

It may have to do with pointing to the 64-bit Python libraries and not the 32-bit libraries.

Hope this helps!

-George

--- George T.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Kris,

You may want to look at this blog:

Why do Python scripts fail on a machine with both ArcGIS for Server and Desktop installed?

It may have to do with pointing to the 64-bit Python libraries and not the 32-bit libraries.

Hope this helps!

-George

--- George T.
0 Kudos
KrisFoster
New Contributor III

Nailed it George! Thanks

0 Kudos