ArcGIS 10.1 - Probelm with exporting a Shape-file to Geodatabase (single)

11-03-2014 09:18 AM
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Hello!

In class we just started with an introduction to ArcGIS and i had a big probelm- that even my professor could not solve.

When i try to export a shape-file to a Geodatabase (single o mutliple) it just appears this window:

Unbenannt.JPG

At the beginning, the window showed other messages, that some add-on´s were missing. So i activeted active-X in Internet Explorer. I also checked the window`s service pack and everything seemd to be ok... So i tried so restart the programm and the computer and proceeded with a new installation of ArcGIS - but guess: same problem!

My professor told me to do all these things, but its still not working,

What other ideas do you have or do you else have had any similar problem and can give me a possible solution??

Thank you,

Simone

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Simone,

Try renaming the ESRI folder from the Registry Editor by going to:

Start > Run > Regedit > Hkey_Current_User > Software > ESRI

After the folder is renamed, open ArcMap and see if the issue persists.

0 Kudos
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Hello Jake,

Thanks for the fast answer ...

But my problem is in ArcCatalog ...

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

The above should still apply whether you are using ArcCatalog or ArcMap.

0 Kudos
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Jep, just did what you told me to do (renamed ESRI to ESRI2 in Regedit), but it still doesn´t work ....

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Have you looked at the following?

Problem:  On some systems, running any Geoprocessing tool in ArcToolbox results in Microsoft Script...

The article only supposedly covers up to 10.0, but I think we had a similar issue with 10.1 too.

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

More similar-sounding discussion from older forums:  Problem running any tool.

0 Kudos
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Hi Joshua,

It´s not an error-message.The rest of the the widow does just simpliy not appear. The buttons below work, but in the field should appear more text that that one sentence  (and even fields for  the im- and export of data) but they just even don´t appear...

0 Kudos
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Ignoring whether there is an explicit error message, if the rest of the behavior described in the technical article and forums applies, it could be the same solution applies.

0 Kudos
SimoneKilian
New Contributor

Ok, did every step that was written in the two formus, but nothing has happened ...

0 Kudos