Animal Tracking: Points to Lines by date and Unique ID? Help, please.

Jump to solution
07-20-2016 03:05 PM
AnnH
by
New Contributor II

Hey y'all! I have a question that I have yet to figure out on my own. Hopefully you all can be of assistance.

Basically, I am wanting to map animal movements in ARC. I have several animals, each with their own unique ID number. Each of these animals have a location point for a certain date. Therefore, I am wanting to map their movements. I need a line connecting the location points of each animal to their location by subsequent date. Therefore, the animal named "Fluffy" should have its own line connecting July 1, to July 2, to July 3, etc. Animal "Sparky" should have a different line connecting its location on July 1, to its location on July 2, to its location on July 3, etc.

Any ideas on how to carry this out? Any info is appreciated. !

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you mean like the point to line tool? Points To Line—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

or have I missed something?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

do you mean like the point to line tool? Points To Line—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

or have I missed something?

AnnH
by
New Contributor II

Holy Moly. Thanks. I had no idea that was so easy. After you get use to the complexities of ARC, sometimes the simple things seem foreign. Again, thank you for pointing out my inability to see the simple things! haha

0 Kudos