Select to view content in your preferred language

100% Match on wrong Address Number

12-16-2022 08:50 AM
ScottFedak2085
Regular Contributor

I have a multi-role Locator (PointAddress, StreetAddress, POI, and some alias tables) built using Create Locator in ArcGIS Pro (v3.0) and with a service published to Enterprise (v10.8.1). All of the individual address fields are mapped to respective fields in the data.

The locator is providing a 100% match on a geocoding object (2521 W National Ave) that does not have the same address number as what was searched for (2525 W National Av). See the screenshot from the REST endpoint below. It is noted that the locator is not providing the erroneous result via a Suggest operation. This behavior is being seen in both the local desktop version of this locator and the REST service. As it's easier to show in one photo via the REST service, I've provided that screenshot below.

I have not observed this behavior outside this one instance, and I'm not sure how widespread it is at the moment. I cannot think of any configuration reasons for why this may be occurring, and the only data issue that may be contributing is that the address points that are being returned are stacked.

ScottFedak2085_0-1671208901478.png

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ScottFedak2085
Regular Contributor

I determined that this was caused by accidentally having a field that had the whole address (i.e. 123 Main St, City, Zip, USA) mapped to the FullStName field instead of just the street name (i.e. Main St) when building the locator. I've observe the FullStName mapping impacting search in the past, so I'm glad I thought to look into it. However, this observed behavior seems to contradict the online documentation for Create Locator that specifically states that the FullStName is not used in search and "is for display purposes"

0 Kudos