Workflow for updating file geodatabase tables with relationship classes

01-10-2018 01:37 PM
ZacharyLehmann
New Contributor III

Hi all,

So I'm volunteering for a park conservancy and helping them build a web app to track some data about their efforts in and around the park. The app side is easy enough. All the data they want displayed is in an Access database. Currently I have saved exports for all the table the app needs. When they update the DB they just run those preset exports and I'm left with a folder of Excel tables formatted to match what the app needs. 

The problem I'm having and can't seem to find a solution to in my forum searches is how to go about updating the tables in the file geodatabase I'm using with these excel tables without having to re-import/delete them and hopefully allow them to keep the same relationship class. Does anyone know of a way to do this better than this? I really just want to save over the current tables in the geodatabase with the new ones.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanaNolan
Occasional Contributor III

The Truncate Table geoprocessing tool does support tables and feature classes. You may want to copy your old table somewhere as a backup, truncate the table, and append the new records in.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Are these file gdbs being used in mapservices?  Does the relationship class persist as expected after the truncate and append process?

0 Kudos