WHERE have they gone: Tools for SDE 9.3 and ArcMap 10

08-25-2016 01:58 PM
AmyRose
New Contributor III

Hello,

I have started a new job that still uses SDE 9.3 and ArcGIS 10.  I am having trouble finding tools that will work on those versions because most links I find reference the now defunct ArcScripts.

Any help?

Tools of interest for this version of ArcGIS are Geodatabase Diagrammer, X-Ray and anything else of help.  Is there a repository of tools/scripts for the older versions of SDE and ArcGIS?

Thanks in advance,

Amy Rose

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AmyRose
New Contributor III

Robert,

Thanks so much.  The appsforms site looks promising!  I have been to the other sites but couldn't find older versions to download.

Again Thank you,

Amy

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Amy,

Please check if the following works with ArcGIS 10.

X-Ray for ArcMap

X-Ray for ArcCatalog

GeoDatabase Diagrammer for 10X

You can further search, browse, and use code, scripts, models, add-ins, widgets, and more using ArcGIS Code Sharing.

Think Location
AmyRose
New Contributor III

Thanks Jayanta,

I tried to install X-Ray but got an error:  

I guess there is a difference between 10.0 and 10.1.

I did install the GeoDatabase Diagrammer, but it gives errors when I run it.  One error says my Visio Trust Center settings are not set correctly.  I changed the Trust Center settings but I still get the error.

It looks like I will be documenting our GIS model the old fashion way!  Luckily, there are plans to upgrade to newer versions of sde and ArcGIS....

Thank you again,

Amy

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

There was a GeoNet thread about this:  https://community.esri.com/thread/56713  Not sure if it will help but a known issue.

AmyRose
New Contributor III

In case anyone else has the issue with GeoDatabase Diagrammer running with errors:

I have ArcCatalog 10.0 and Visio 2013

I changed the Trust Center Macro settings to "Enable all macros" and Trust access to the VBA project object model checked.

This did not stop the errors.

I then went to the File Block settings and uncheked all the boxes.

Then the GeoDatabase Diagrammer started working.

I left Macro settings as I had changed them. 

Hope this is helpful to someone,

Amy