Versioning toolbar Refresh button doesn't pull in default version?

02-11-2019 09:44 AM
AlexDrake
New Contributor II

Problem: I have a SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase running on SQL Server 2012 SP4. We all use ArcMap 10.6.1. After I reconcile and post the users versions (6 versions), I switch to a previous users version and hit the refresh button in the versioning toolbar and it doesn’t show what the default version has in it. The refresh button is not pulling in the default version into a users version.

I have to go through each version and reconcile in favor of the target version to bring in what the default version has in it. Is this normal?

Furthermore, I think ArcGIS 10.6.1 doesn’t list SQL Server 2012 SP4 as supported. http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/system-requirements/latest/database-requirements-sqlserver.htm  I believe SP3 is out of support from Microsoft also. Do I need to upgrade Microsoft SQL Server? Or maybe just upgrade status of the database (In database properties, says Upgrade Status is 10.3.1)?

This is more of an annoyance than anything else. If I misspoke, please correct me. If you would like more info, I’m happy to provide that. Thank you for your time.

-Alex Drake

0 Kudos
1 Reply
BirajaNayak
Esri Contributor

Hi Alex,

Regarding your query on refresh version tool, When you reconcile post 6 child versions to Default, the last version reconcile and posted to Default has the same lineage and point to same state_id and hence have same data. Refresh version for the last versioned reconcile will show or match data with Default version. Other versions are to be reconcile again with Default to get same data as Default version. This is an expected behavior.

Regarding SQL Server version support with ArcGIS 10.6.1, yes, please stick to SQL Server to supported version as per the below link:

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.6.x—System Requirements | ArcGIS Desktop 

Thanks,

Biraja