Version changes still show after reconcile and post

Jump to solution
01-05-2018 09:08 AM
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

Here's a little background:

We use the following version style:

Default is Parent

Sanitary_QA is Default's Child, used as intermediary to QA data before posting to Default.

GPS_Collections is Sanitary_QA's Child, used as the version connection in a web map that is consumed by the Collector App for field staff editors to use.

Under GPS_Collections, we have several same-level children, which are used to work on different project areas for our field staff editors- I will call these the 'editor child versions.'

Process used:

When I reconcile and post each editor child version in favor of the edit version to the GPS Collections version within ArcMap, the version changes icon (from the versioning toolbar) shows zero differences between each child version compared to GPS Collections.

When I reconcile and post GPS Collections version in favor of the edit version to the Sanitary_QA version within ArcMap, the version changes icon shows zero differences between the GPS Collections version compared to the Sanitary_QA version

Problem:

At this point, when go back to compare each editor child version again against the GPS Collections version within ArcMap, the version changes icon shows greater than zero between each child version compared to the GPS collections version.

Thoughts:

I would think that since I am reconciling and posting in favor of the edit version starting from the bottom and going up, there should be zero differences between all of the versions that have been reconciled and posted.

I know this is not an issue from other editors reconciling and posting at the same time because I am the only one working on the database when this happens.

Question/Request:

Can anyone have some input on this?

If so, please inform us.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

I troubleshooted with ESRI technical help:

The issue was due to a corrupt mxd.

I copied all my layers into a new mxd, reconciled and posted, and the errors were no longer there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

After you reconcile and post the editor child versions, you need to reconcile them again so all the changes from the other child versions are brought into the other versions. Hopefully that works.

--- George T.
AndresCastillo
MVP Regular Contributor

I troubleshooted with ESRI technical help:

The issue was due to a corrupt mxd.

I copied all my layers into a new mxd, reconciled and posted, and the errors were no longer there.