users can connect via toad oracle but can't connect via sde connection it gave network i/o

11-21-2019 05:15 PM
amradel2
New Contributor

dears

users can connect via toad oracle but can't connect via sde connection it gave network i/o

previously all users can connect via both oracle and sde but, suddenly without any change in permissions user couldnt connect

db: oracle11g

arcsde: 10.1

kindly, i need to find out source of error

i have checked sde logs i found this error once iam trying to connect from any user except sde itself:

Error (-10):Couldn't Start Server Task

i have checked all previous posts related to network io but i didnt find solution

thanks in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What version is the desktop client that is trying to connect?

Is the connection a 3-tire connection or direct connection in the .sde file?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
amradel2
New Contributor

thank u George Thompson for response iam using arcmap 10.1 and also 10.6 with same result

i am using application server connection  without oracle client it was working correctly  but suddenly cannot connect

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

If you are using the application server connection (3-tier), I would recommend using direct connection. It looks the ArcSDE application server service stopped working (for some reason) and needs to be restarted on the machine that host the ArcSDE application server.

You may find it difficult to get support for the ArcSDE application server since 10.2.x (last version supported for creating a ArcSDE application server) was retired on July 1, 2019.

Is there a reason that you cannot use direct connections?

--- George T.
0 Kudos
amradel2
New Contributor

i have restarted arcsde service many times but, nothing changed

i am trying to understand the reason for something like this but, i couldnt find out if u could guide for getting reason

i have traced sde logs and everything is ok and giomgr is waiting for users and sudden error(-10) is result once user is trying to connect

about direct connection, i have already tried and it is working.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson

I would try to delete and recreate the service. Here is a list of the error codes; Return codes 

My best and fastest suggestion would be to use direct connections and NOT the SDE application server.

--- George T.
0 Kudos