Unable to save edits. The requested operation is invalid on a closed state

Jump to solution
04-24-2016 10:58 PM
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

Recently updated our system from Arcgis 10.3 to 10.4. When trying to edit my arcsde oracle database  following error appears.

errors.JPG

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sibghat

In this case... there is a problem with the quota (space) granted on the SDE tablespace to the user that is launching the reconcile process . If you are not familiar with Oracle, ask your DBA. If there is no DBA...try granting more/unlimited quota to the user on the SDE tablespace:

ALTER USER XXXXX QUOTA YYYY (or UNLIMITED) ON TABLESPACE SDE;

Regards

Jesús de Diego

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

My db is versioned and  the requested operation is invalid on a closed state[State_id=3411] error also appears when i execute any query.

0 Kudos
UmakantJoglekar2
New Contributor III

It would be better to contact ESRI Support to better handle this issue. They may require more information regarding the issue to better understand it like,

1. Is it version or user or client specific issue?

2. Do you face this error if you edit the same layer using same user and version from Desktop 10.3?

3. Did you also upgrade the geodatabase during system migration from 10.3 to 10.4?

4. If geodatabase was upgraded, what were  the steps followed? Were any issues encountered?

5. Version of Oracle being  used, type of connection etc.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

One thing i came to know is that when i go for reconcile version data error appears. The version could not be reconciled. Underlying DBMS Error executing stored proceduresde.version.util.insert_state::ORA-01536:space quota exceeded for table space SDE][stateid=3411]

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Sibghat

In this case... there is a problem with the quota (space) granted on the SDE tablespace to the user that is launching the reconcile process . If you are not familiar with Oracle, ask your DBA. If there is no DBA...try granting more/unlimited quota to the user on the SDE tablespace:

ALTER USER XXXXX QUOTA YYYY (or UNLIMITED) ON TABLESPACE SDE;

Regards

Jesús de Diego

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

hi  Diego,

Thank you for the post. right now my  issue is "The requested operation is invalid on a closed state [state-id=3411]". reconciliation i can do it later as well.Or do you think that space is one of the issue that i am unable to save edits???

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Sibghat

I am not sure if these two problems are related... but you can consider solving quota problem...and at least you will be sure that this is not the cause of your current issue...

Regards

Jesús de Diego

SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much Diego it worked!!

Now when i am doing reconciliation  this error appears. i did not add any field but still it showing.how to resolve this.

Error.JPG

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wow... I have no idea about this problem.

You can use the "Compare replica schema" tool...and check your connections to the two gdb...

Regars

Jesús de Diego

0 Kudos
SibghatUllah1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Diego,

i was just looking for schema comparison tool and found xray for arc catalogue http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=9ea218ff575f4a5195e01a2cae03a0ae . I have compared the two database (parent and child) and found no difference. any suggestion please?

0 Kudos