unable to replicate (2-way) to the same GDB after unregister/removal of old data

11-13-2015 03:56 PM
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

I had a replication with our consultant in a test environment for over a year now. This time we ran into a hurdle where we somehow were both turned into Data Receiver. We found this thread​ but we couldn't get it working, either. Our consultant was able to export the xml but soon after importing on my end, an error message showed up stating "version not found". At the end, we couldn't come up with any option but simply delete the data from my GDB and hoping that we can replicate onto the same GDB.

We seemed to rely too much on hope. Replicating to an existing GDB failed using Create Replica from Server GP tool. This reminded us that we've probably been down this road before. So, I create a new GDB on the same server and employed the same GP tool, and voila, replication worked on a new GDB.

Has anyone ran into this issue before was able to come up with rescue plans? Much appreciated.

consultant server 10.3.1

my server 10.2.2

consultant sql server 2012

my sql server 2008 R2

GDS is from my consultant

0 Kudos
1 Reply
WilliamWang
Occasional Contributor

Update:

After contacting esri support, the analyst was tremendously helpful in finding the cause after weeks of researching on their end. It turned out it was a bug. If an existing GDB has domain(s) in place, then the replication onto the same GDB would certainly fail in 10.2.2 & 10.3.1 environment since the incoming data also trying to dump the same domain(s) onto the GDB. The work around prior to 2nd replication to an existing GDB is to wipe out domain in the GDB.

0 Kudos