This release of the Geodatabase is either invalid or out of date

10-13-2017 08:00 AM
ElsitMandal1
New Contributor

After getting SQL server management studio installed on desktop, getting error while trying to connect to geodatabases on SQL server 2012. ArcGIS 10.4.1  Appreciate any help!

0 Kudos
18 Replies
ElsitMandal1
New Contributor

Getting the error above after installing SQL server management studio 2016 

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Did you rename the database or restore the geodatabase with a different name?

Getting the error above after installing SQL server management studio 2016 

The connection was working before you installed the SQL Server 2016 Management Studio?

What version is your Enterprise geodatabase?

0 Kudos
ElsitMandal1
New Contributor

As far as I know nothing has changed with those geodatabases.

0 Kudos
ElsitMandal1
New Contributor

Enterprise Geodatabase version 10.3

Yes, the connections were working before the SQL server mgmt studio 2016 was installed

0 Kudos
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

Microsoft SQL Server database requirements for ArcGIS 10.3.x—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

MS SQL Server 2016 is not supported with ArcGIS 10.3.x. So maybe the installation of the SQL Server 2016 Management Studio installed some DLLs\files which is not supported with the 10.3.x gdb.

1. Uninstall Management Studio 2016 and install the 2012\2014 version if you can and then check

2. Can you upgrade the enterprise geodatabase to 10.4.1?

ElsitMandal1
New Contributor

Will try your suggestions. Very helpful. Thank you!

0 Kudos
KateřinaUhlířová
New Contributor II

The error occured when I renamed the database or restored it with a different name. How I can fix it if I need a different name of the database? 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

If you are using SQL Server you cannot change the name of the restored DB from the backup. You would need to restore with the original name on a new SQL Instance and then copy the data into a new SQL Server Enterprise Geodatabase with the "new" name.

--- George T.
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Did anyone find a fix?

0 Kudos