Symbology in Arcmap

08-16-2018 10:26 AM
PrestonStafford2
New Contributor II

I have a feature class that is in File Geodatabase within a SDE. The Feature Class shows the Symbology in the table of contents. When I start a editing session on that feature, the Symbology  in the Feature Window is not there. It only shows as a point feature. Therefore when you click on a feature to add to the map it will not show the point and symbology on the map. My question is what has happen and what can I do to fix it? (See Attachment).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Preston,

A couple of questions here for you:

1. Just to be clear, are you using a file geodatabase or an enterprise (SDE) geodatabase? They are 2 separate things so I want to confirm.
  2. What version of ArcMap are you working with?
  3. Does this happen with a brand new MXD or is it specific to an existing MXD?
  4. Are there other layers in this MXD that exhibit the same behavior or just this one?

That should help narrow it down a bit. If this is specific to this one MXD, you may try repairing the MXD with the MXD Doctor utility that comes with your install of ArcGIS. It is located in the Desktop Tools folder in your install location.

Jonathan

0 Kudos
PrestonStafford2
New Contributor II

Hi Jonathan,

Using a file geodatabase, using 10.4. It does not matter whether it is existing or brought into a the new MXD.

It is the only feature doing this.

0 Kudos
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Preston,

OK, thanks for that information. If this is specific to one feature class and occurs regardless of a new MXD or not, I'd like to try creating a new feature template.

Organizing feature templates—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Creating new feature templates—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

The second link above goes over how to create a new feature template. Can we try that and see what happens? 

Jonathan