SQL Server direct connect issues with clients that also have SQL Server Compact Edition.

07-01-2015 01:48 PM
MichaelSmith1
New Contributor III

I am migrating an organization to enterprise geodatabases, there is a group of engineers that use AutoDesk AutoCAD 2015 with AutoTurn 2015.  As far as I can tell, these apps use the SQL Server Compact Edition either 3.5 SP2 or 4.0.

When I do a direct connect with OS authentication I get an error, if I use a database account I don't.

More info:

I am using SQL Server 2012, and the 10.1 SP2 ArcGIS client.  I create a new database connection, use the instance, choose OS authentication, and then try to get the database list.

Error message I get is:

Unable to connect to database server to retrieve database list; please verify your server name, user name, and password info and try again.

Underlying DMBS error [Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 11.0: Login failed for user <domain>\<username>. No extended error.]

If I have this same user try on a different machine without AutoCAD (and thus without SQL Server Compact Edition), it works fine - so it is not actually the user permissions.  Also if I use a database account as a test, and not an OS account, that also work.

I have migrated several others with no issues, it is only these folks with AutoCAD and SQL Server Compact Edition.

Suggestions?

0 Kudos
0 Replies