Show Related Records Bug?

11-14-2018 10:01 AM
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

I'm interacting with an existing database, created in 10.2.0 & recently upgraded to 10.6.1. It contains table entries that participate in a relationship class (M:M). I've noticed that ArcMap cant reliably "show related records" for relationship classes built pre-10.5. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Has there been a fundamental change in the structure of relationship classes in the last several versions? This is not an extended relationship class.

19 Replies
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

Parcel 100 is linked to a single owner entry. Parcel 200 is linked to 2x owner entries (1:M). The identify tool results correctly display the relationships. The relationship tools in the attribute table do not.

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

This looks to be a bug.  I would contact Esri Tech Support so they can log this and notify the product team.

TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

Thank You Jake, we have contacted Technical Support & the following case has been opened:

https://my.esri.com/#/support/cases/02217404

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

So if the related tables in SDE 10.5.1 show the correct results, would this break if you upgraded SDE to 10.6.1 and tried viewing related records in ArcMap 10.6.1?

0 Kudos
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

The problem is client side, not server side. The actual tables themselves are fine and correct, maintaining the appropriate relationships regardless of version. The data itself is safe.

If you upgrade your desktop software to v10.6.1 you will not be able to "show related" records correctly, the error is in the desktop UI. 

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the great explanation Tyler.

0 Kudos
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

We have further demonstrated today, that the problem is not 10.6 vs 10.2. The "show related records" action is only busted in attribute table view, in forward traverse, across relationship classes using non-ObjectIDs as Primary Keys.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Tyler:

Is there a "show related records" button you are clicking on in the attribute table view?

Or are you selecting records from the feature class and then just opening the related records table from the table view of the feature class to see this phenomenom?

0 Kudos
TylerRemmert2
New Contributor III

In table view, with a record selected, one of the buttons at the top of table is "show related records" a little popdown appears if you have more than one relationship established for the table. This allows you to select which one you want to traverse.