Select to view content in your preferred language

Repair Version Tables on Enterprise geoDB throws errors

Jump to solution
06-30-2023 09:36 AM
HenokA
by
Occasional Contributor

I am implementing a routine database maintenance task on an enterprise geodatabase.

While executing the "Repair Version Tables" Data Management Tool on the SDE connection, the task fails to implement and throws errors : "Attribute column not found".

Any insight as to what could be the reason for this and how this could be diagnosed and fixed.

Thank you.

Henok 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support. This kind of error can be trick to resolve.
For example, if you make changes in the data model, e.g. added a new field, or dropped a field, and you did this directly in the database table using the RDBMS tools. In an enterprise geodatabase with traditional versioning enabled to add new fields and to drop fields, it must be done via ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro because a featureclass registered as versioned is in fact behind the scenes several tables, the Business Table the Adds Table and the Deletes Table.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Please, open a ticket with Esri Technical Support. This kind of error can be trick to resolve.
For example, if you make changes in the data model, e.g. added a new field, or dropped a field, and you did this directly in the database table using the RDBMS tools. In an enterprise geodatabase with traditional versioning enabled to add new fields and to drop fields, it must be done via ArcCatalog or ArcGIS Pro because a featureclass registered as versioned is in fact behind the scenes several tables, the Business Table the Adds Table and the Deletes Table.

| Marcelo Marques | Esri Principal Product Engineer | Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional | "In 1992, I embarked on my journey with Esri Technology, and since 1997, I have been working with ArcSDE Geodatabases, right from its initial release. Over the past 32 years, my passion for GIS has only grown stronger." | “ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov |